AGED AND DISABILITY CARE CAREER READINESS PROGRAM >>
BECOME A VALUED AND INTEGRAL PART OF THE HEALTH AND COMMUNITY SERVICES INDUSTRY
Gain the practical skills and knowledge needed to work in a community or residential setting providing individual support.
You will learn how to support independence and well-being, gain a range of technical skills, and develop a range of transferable skills from communication to teamwork. Our highly-experienced trainers provide guidance and support every step of the way, to ensure you have the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the field.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to work in aged care or disability support.
QUALIFICATIONS EARNT ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF COURSE:
- FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for Work & Vocational Pathways
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
SKILLS LEARNT THROUGH THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
- Provide individualised support
- Communicate in health services
- Client skills development
- Empower people with disability
- Follow safe work practices
- Employment readiness
- Workplace practices and expectations
- 120 hours post course. Our team is able to assist you finding work experience placements.
FLEXIBLE LEARNING & COURSE DELIVERY:
This course is delivered in accordance with current social distancing guidelines. Small class groups will be scheduled for practical components at our Maroochydore Training Rooms. Theory and other learning will be delivered through virtual classrooms and online tools such as Microsoft Teams.
- No cost to participants for training.
- *Eligiblity criteria applies.
- Indigenous and Non-Indigenous places available.
The program is being run by Five Bridges in partnership with Look Now Training RTO#31827.
This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.